Courses offered by Tina Pepler
Tina’s courses can be tailored to suit clients’ specific requirements. They include:
- Immersive training ('immersives') for academic writing at all levels
- Immersives for non-academic writing, including writing for business and creative writing
- Writing retreats for PhD students, early career researchers and academics
- Writing for different audiences
- Finding your voice: developing as an academic writer
- Transitions – for students arriving from other countries
Tina has a PhD in Drama from the University of Bristol. She understands how research takes on a life of its own: her original thesis subject – a history of radio drama – metamorphosed into a study of how far it’s possible to be creative in an institution like the BBC.
Tina’s work as a dramatist is often inspired by factual material that requires much research. She is particularly interested in transforming specialist knowledge into something others want to read, and believes that techniques used in good story-telling can facilitate effective communication in any subject.
Tina designed the RLF’s original immersive training model, which combines group work with one-to-one sessions in a sustained engagement with the writing process. This transformative approach can be tailored to suit clients’ specific requirements.
Having spent her childhood travelling, Tina is used to other cultures, and is interested in working with academics from other countries and providing transition workshops for overseas students.
Tina was RLF Writing Fellow at Plymouth University and later at the University of Bristol, and is a tutor on the MSt in Creative Writing at Oxford University. As a member of the RLF’s new Social Sector panel she is developing a project involving refugees.