Courses offered by Tina Pepler
Tina’s courses can be tailored to suit clients’ specific requirements. They include:
- Immersive training ('immersives') for academic writing at all levels
- Immersives for non-academic writing, including writing for business and creative writing
- Writing retreats for academics
- Making the leap: moving from Masters to PhD
- Training the trainers: workshops and immersives for PALS (peer assisted learning) leaders and writing mentors
- Transitions – for students arriving from other countries
Tina has a PhD in Drama from the University of Bristol. She understands how research takes on a life of its own: her original thesis subject – a history of radio drama – metamorphosed into a study of how far it’s possible to be creative in an institution like the BBC.
Tina’s work as a dramatist is often inspired by factual material that requires much research. She is particularly interested in transforming specialist knowledge into something others want to read, and believes that techniques used in good story-telling can facilitate effective communication in any subject.
As a member of the RLF Higher Education Panel, Tina designed the original immersive training model. What makes this approach potentially so transformative is the combination of group work with one-to-one sessions, and a sustained engagement with the writing process. The original model can easily be tailored to suit clients’ requirements.
Having spent her childhood travelling, Tina is used to other cultures – hence her interest in transition workshops for overseas students.
Tina was RLF Fellow at Plymouth and is a regular guest tutor there and on the MSt in Creative Writing at Oxford University.
She’s a member of the core team that developed the RLF Consultant Fellows’ programme.