Courses offered by Lucy English include:
- Bringing creativity into academic research and writing.
- Creative techniques for writing your thesis/dissertation.
- Preparing and delivering material for effective presentations for students/teachers/trainers.
- Engaging the wider public with your research.
- Using social media for impact in research.
- Creating a professional profile: A workshop for early career academic researchers.
Lucy English is a novelist and spoken word poet. She is a Reader in Creative Writing at Bath Spa University where she runs specialist modules on presentations and public speaking skills. She has been on the selection committee of the acclaimed MiX conferences in Digital Writing held at Corsham Court. As head of the Creative Writing Research Centre and Public Engagement Champion she is keen to encourage academics to communicate their research to wider audiences. She has supervised PhD students and she has run training workshops for teachers for the British Council and for participants at the Albach European Forum in Austria.
Since completing her RLF Writing Fellowship and her accreditation as an RLF Consultant Fellow, Lucy has delivered a range of training sessions for undergraduate, Master’s and PhD students to improve writing skills and to incorporate creativity into academic research and writing.
Lucy’s teaching style is dynamic, creative and inspirational. Her teaching sessions are bespoke and are tailored to the needs of each particular group.