Courses offered by Heather Dyer include:
- Essay Writing (for undergraduates or school leavers)
- Writing Your Thesis or Dissertation (for Masters and/or Doctorate students)
- Writing Creative Non-fiction: telling true stories descriptively
- Getting Published: selling your work to publishers and readers
- Developing Your Creativity
- How to Teach Creative Writing (for teachers)
With extensive experience in teaching both academic writing and creative writing, Heather has designed, taught and assessed nine different writing courses for Bristol University and Aberystwyth University. One of these courses was recently shortlisted for the UALL award; external examiners described student feedback as ‘superlative’.
As an RLF Fellow at The University of Worcester, Cardiff Metropolitan University and Aberystwyth University, Heather has worked with students and staff across all disciplines, helping them to write essays, reports, dissertations and doctoral theses.
She’s also an award-winning author, an editorial consultant for three leading literary consultancies, and a moderator for the A-level examination in creative writing. Heather is currently reading for a doctorate in the Psychology of Creativity at Aberystwyth University.
Workshops are lively and involve pair and group work, games, individual feedback and class discussions. Participants will gain confidence and learn a range of useful techniques which they can apply to future projects.