If you’re studying online for longer than usual, it’s more important than ever to take screen breaks every hour. Try to take some five-minute breathers that have additional benefits. For example:
- You could take your rubbish and recycling to the bins: going outside will revive you and provide some physical activity.
- Listen to some music, which will offer aural stimulation and a rest from the visual strain of the screen.
- Brushing or combing your hair provides some self-care.
- Why not splash cold water on your face and drink a glass of water to refresh and rehydrate you?
- You might like to do some stretches or a short relaxation exercise to help reduce anxiety and encourage mindfulness.
These activities cost nothing but they will all give your mind a break and could even lead to great ideas — like Archimedes’ ‘Eureka’ moment in the bath.
9 July 2020